Dr Holly Davies
>> Download CV
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist CPsychol
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology – Pending completion, 2018
- DClinPsy Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, The South Wales Programme, Cardiff University, 2015
- MSc Occupational Psychology, Wolverhampton University, 2008
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Wales Institute Cardiff, 2007Chartered Clinical Psychologist CPsychol
Dr Holly Davies currently works full time in the Welsh NHS in memory and dementia services and has worked with the Headwise team on an associate basis since 2017. Holly has always demonstrated an interest in neurorehabilitation, having previously worked for Headwise as an Assistant Psychologist, before undertaking her clinical and current neuropsychological training.
Upon qualifying in 2015 Holly initially worked in stroke and neurorehabilitation in the NHS, before moving to her current role. Her experience to date has been across care pathways, from specialist inpatient rehabilitation to early supported discharge services and outpatient assessment and community services. Holly is currently undertaking further training to become a Clinical Neuropsychologist. She is experienced in working with adults across the lifespan and has worked extensively with their families and wider support systems. She has recently developed a carer group within her NHS role.
Holly has skills in neuropsychological assessment, formulation and neurorehabilitation. She utilises a range of therapeutic approaches to promote adjustment and maximise self-management and independence. She regularly uses systemic, CBT, Mindfulness, Positive psychology and ACT in her work with clients. In addition to her clinical training, she utilises her Occupational Psychology training to enable people to consider vocational and work place goals; she is also trained in occupational assessment methods.